Author Topic: It's on The Onion, but is it a joke?  (Read 1112 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
It's on The Onion, but is it a joke?
« on: 10 August 2008, 08:28 »
Because it sounds so much like every article on Obama done by Time mag...

NEW YORK

SiMuLaCrUm

• Kudos: 143
  • OMGWTFBBQ
Re: It's on The Onion, but is it a joke?
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2008, 03:24 »
Everything on the Onion is a joke. It's all satire.
Proudly posted on a computer

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2008, 04:31 »
Are you dumb? The title was a joke.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2008, 08:31 »
Obama is a leftist nut, and it will be great to see lots of Americans getting angry with him in a few years.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2008, 08:34 »
One term government for sure.

I'd support McCain if he wasn't such a pinko, both of them support getting over subprime which was caused by massive government economic intervention with more government economic intervention, which will just fuel yet another problem in coming years. I support the war on Iran, a lot more than you can say about Iraq. Iran actually fund terrorists and that is well known, if they want to fight terrorists, Iran is who to fight.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2008, 08:35 by Kintaro »

worker201

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 703
    • http://www.triple-bypass.net
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2008, 10:28 »
Doesn't really matter.  The black man can't win.  Something will happen between now and January that will cause a white man to take the oath of office.  Whether that's a legit win for McCain, a fraudulent win for McCain, or an untraceable slug from a government-issued sniper rifle.

As if it matters, I think that "leftist nut" is an oxymoron, and that the invasion and occupation of a sovereign nation is so ethically fucked up that it must be reserved for only the last and direst of needs - so far Iran doesn't qualify, and it is highly unlikely that they will do anything to change my mind.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #6 on: 12 August 2008, 10:32 »
I hope you are right because then I can stop worrying about the Bilderberg group. If you are right I think we should start a "TOLD YOU SO LAUKEV7" campaign.

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 12 August 2008, 10:48 »
I think it will probably be a landslide victory for Obama.  Because John McCain is not only a psycho, he's a poorly managed psycho with serious image problems.  But if Obama was to actually become president, it would turn a lot of illusions into reality, and realities into illusions.  If "the man", who we all know is a racist, sexist, fascist pig, can allow a black man to become president, then maybe "the man" isn't all that powerful, and has nothing to do with anything.  Or, even worse, he wants us to think he has nothing to do with anything, and stands to gain power through our disregardment.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #8 on: 12 August 2008, 11:20 »
Or, even worse, he wants us to think he has nothing to do with anything, and stands to gain power through our disregardment.

That is generally the impression I get about Bilderburg.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2008, 12:41 »
As if it matters, I think that "leftist nut" is an oxymoron, and that the invasion and occupation of a sovereign nation is so ethically fucked up that it must be reserved for only the last and direst of needs - so far Iran doesn't qualify, and it is highly unlikely that they will do anything to change my mind.

http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=19681&news_iv_ctrl=1063

Check that out and see if it changes your mind. Iran seem like a serious threat, Iraq are not, were not, and even Afghanistan is nothing compared to Iran. I support the war in Afghanistan myself, and not only that but I see nothing immoral about invading slave-pen nations. Anyone who decides to invade China is well within their rights, and the same with anyone wanting to stop the taliban. It is much like how I feel about animal rights: animals have no capacity to respect my rights, so I'll eat them. China has no capacity to respect rights, so eat them. The taliban without a doubt have no capacity to respect rights, so eat them.
« Last Edit: 13 August 2008, 12:44 by Kintaro »

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2008, 15:51 »
The Labor Party has no capacity to respect rights, so eat them?

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2008, 16:24 »
Yeah, Australia has no bill of rights protecting the individual from mob rule (democracy) so you can invade us as well.

... and please do.

Interesting is that everyone bitches about Bush when it comes to the death of individual rights in America, they are all barking up the wrong tree. Bush wouldn't be able to do anything if the Supreme Court got off their lazy butts and did their job.

worker201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2008, 22:03 »
Yer ARC article is a bit confused.  It specifically states that Iran has been a serious threat to the US for over 30 years.  Iran may have secretly funded terror operations in Beirut, there's plenty of evidence of that.  And if the evidence presented in that article is true, I can see how someone might think that Iran as a state was engaged in terrorist and insurgent training (although that isn't the only or most logical explanation for the events).  And Iran has definitely been talking some shit lately.

But what about the other side of the story?  Did US troops enter Iran right after the revolution, capturing their deposed leader and harboring him in the US as a fugitive?  Yes.  Did the US sell arms to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War, including chemical and toxic weapons?  Yes.  Were those weapons subsequently used to kill civilians in Iran?  Yes.  Is the AEC, in preventing Iran from developing nuclear power and possibly nuclear weapons, being ridiculously injust?  Yes.  Is it possible to develop large amounts of cheap electricity in a fast breeder reactor without harvesting the plutonium byproducts to make nuclear weapons?  Yes.  Has the US been the strongest supporter of sanctions against Iran for developing nuclear power plants?  Yes.

So who's threatening who?  There's a number of incidents based on hearsay and partial investigations that point to Iran being the bully.  And there's archives of well-publicized newspaper and television reports going back 30 years that point to the US being the bully.  Maybe the reason Iran feels threatened and is tempted to do something about it is that they have been threatened.

It would be cool if the US really did do invasions to correct serious human rights violations.  But we don't, and never have.  We secure resources, and only if the calculated risks are low enough.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #13 on: 13 August 2008, 22:57 »
Even if this nuke plant can't make a proper nuclear bomb, the waste can still be used to make dirty bombs. I know the US didn't kill hundreds of innocent Iranian civilians, Iran did kill hundreds of innocent US civilians.

As far as I'm concerned the whole area should be invaded, Islam should be wiped off the face of the earth. Only I just can't trust Christian's to do it, because who will wipe them off the earth?