Author Topic: games  (Read 941 times)

choasmaster

• Kudos: 0
games
« on: 3 July 2002, 20:33 »
yes, this was choasforages, till i tryed to change my email. so don't worry that im being imataded

as for mac games, where the hell does the assumption that mac users don't have/play games. i was playing diablo I, on my powerbook a few minutes ago, and also they have relaesed warcraft III for both macos 9 macosx and windblows. i guess its cuase they don't have counterstrike or something like that
id rather be on fire then use windoze

x86, a hack on a hack of a hack
alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
games
« Reply #1 on: 3 July 2002, 23:40 »
Ya, it's not as bad as folks make it out to be, but there are a few famous Dellays and no-shows that are quite irritating.

Interplay is newtorious for being stingy tword the Mac. They relese Fallout1 but skimp on part 2. They Releas Baldur's Gate II but skimp on Throne of Bhaal. Shit, I feel lucky they are releasing Neverwinter Nights in two months.

BTW, I think  OSX has gotten UNIX some props. Seeing as how OSX is a more popular gaming system than Linux or UNIX, the similarity between platforms has made it easy to port over.

i.e. Since it's easy to port programs between *NIX's. Linux is getting Neverwinter Nights too  

At least that's my understanding, might be talking out my ass  :D
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

ravuya

• VIP
games
« Reply #2 on: 4 July 2002, 00:04 »
I'm glad we don't have Counter-Strike. My opinion on Counter-Strike has been described several times in the past, so I don't feel the need to repeat it here.

ravuya

• VIP
games
« Reply #3 on: 4 July 2002, 00:06 »
Speaking of games, Omni Group just picked up Soldier Of Fortune II for a Mac OS X-only release. Check out the new IGN Macintosh section for details.

cocoamix

games
« Reply #4 on: 4 July 2002, 03:06 »
I met Mike Rogers right when he was starting Aspyr, which started  when Apple was doing pretty bad (1997). I think Aspyr has become the biggest player in Mac gaming, with, along with MacSoft, bringing all the big PC games to mac, also thanks to Glenda Adams. Just in the last few months Apyr announced Medal of Honor, Jedi Knight 2, return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

I'm not THAT much of a gamer though, but it's nice to know there are some good ones should I get the urge.