Author Topic: Movie stars and their Macs  (Read 757 times)

cocoamix

• Kudos: 0
Movie stars and their Macs
« on: 28 June 2002, 02:31 »
In the new issue of Entertainment Weekly (with the Matrix Reloaded on the cover) in two seperate secions they had some Q&A with stars.

Jason Lee on his creative crutch - "Strumming guitar, walking around the block with my iPod, eating lots of candy."

Coutney Cox on who is on her "It" list - "My new iPod.  I'm obsessed with downloading songs for it."

Just two random things I caught in a random magazine. Not like the fact that a movie or tv star using a product is a shining reason why an OS is better, it's just cool that Apple got some good exposure is all.

Anything's better than those embarrasing "Switch" ads.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2002, 02:35 »
Sinefeld still is the coolest guy to own a Mac. He even has an iMac in the last episode.

I don't think the switch adds are too bad.

Hey, what's everyone think of those ads BTW? Convinceing? Will it help?
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

ravuya

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2002, 03:31 »
The Switch ads won't work. The stereotypes imbedded in Windows users' minds won't go away until we give them some hard numbers. I suggest an uptime and average crash comparison.

Almost every professional musician uses Macs, from Moby (G4 + G3) to Poe (9500).

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2002, 05:53 »
Sting was doing some commercial work for Compaq a few years ago. That went quietly away when it turned out he uses a mac for his own work.  
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

cocoamix

« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2002, 18:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by cahult:
Sting was doing some commercial work for Compaq a few years ago. That went quietly away when it turned out he uses a mac for his own work.      

Where did you learn that Sting uses a Mac?
It would be pretty interesting because Madonna recorded her last album on a Mac.
It would be pretty funny if the two "stars" Microsoft used to advertise XP (Sting and Madonna) both used Macs.

[ June 28, 2002: Message edited by: cocoamix ]