Author Topic: Companies you hate  (Read 1038 times)

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Companies you hate
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2002, 10:03 »
>cough<fett>hackhack<hasan>wheeze<obsession>coughcough<withfurries>hack<
Go the fuck ~

slave

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Companies you hate
« Reply #16 on: 27 November 2002, 10:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman: Mac Commando:
I hate disney! No one ever suspects disney of being evil because they have cute cartoon animals as their trademark, but I'll bet mickey mouse is a pedafile or something!

Sorry, Disney characters are *not* cute in my opinion.  They all look thin and pale, like they suffer from AIDS.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Companies you hate
« Reply #17 on: 27 November 2002, 10:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by Linux Frank:

Interesting ... you might find silicon and germanium to be a little more usefull.

Silicone, yea ill make one out of singular package transistors.  :D

How about valves?

pkd_lives

Companies you hate
« Reply #18 on: 28 November 2002, 00:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Billy Gates: Mac Commando:
Ford:

It was hard to find info that stated it was ford's fault for the Explorer roll overs (ford must have payed CNN to say that firestone did it) but here you go:

Here
and...
Here

By reading the info on the fist link you know how bad ford makes cars.  by looking at the pics on the second link you are reasurred how bad ford's cars are.  I am kind of spoiled in that our family chooses Land Rovers as their SUV, now they don't have rollbars (well the Discovery, Freelander, and Range Rover don't) but they can all handle being flipped without collapsing.  Jesus, I can't believe the people in that pancaked Ford even lived at all.

[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: Billy Gates: Mac Commando ]

Erm... you hate Ford and drive Land Rover ... and you see nothing wrong in this statement?

Oh well better late than never. I really really hate to burst bubbles, but Land Rover IS Ford now - In fact it has been since it designed the Discovery all those years ago - which explains why that is such an ugly and boring piece of crap, and has the same reported stability issues as do most SUVs.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

pkd_lives

Companies you hate
« Reply #19 on: 28 November 2002, 00:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11 / BOB: l33t h4x0r:

Silicone, yea ill make one out of singular package transistors.   :D  

How about valves?

Awesome, a modern day valve comp. How many power stations do you own - I reckon the Dixie tubes alone could probably blackout melbourne.

It has been done you know - however I believe 3 hours to calculate root 9 is a bit slow, 60 seconds per cycle clock speed anyone?

Actully I have toyed with the idea of making a processor out of bc184s and bc109s - Might take a while to debug once built. Used to debug a 32 transistor inverter - with common emitters and darligton pairs, amongst other tricks - almost went blind.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
Companies you hate
« Reply #20 on: 28 November 2002, 00:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by Fett101:
Just something I think would be interesting. Think of some company to hate, and then find a news article giving a good reason to hate them.

Kroger Plus Card
Yes. It gets extremely stupid, but the fact still remains that they keep track of what you buy. (They send cupons to your house too based on that info, unless ya checked the box telling them not to)

Wal-Mart workers say company forces unpaid overtime

This article hits close to home, and I mean real close. I work at a walmart in Kansas City, and the incident first listed in the article happened in Kansas City. All I can say is that I hope walmart gets what it deserves. I have no love for walmart, and after working there for 2 years I have the right to say it.
Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

Stryker

• VIP
  • Kudos: 41
Companies you hate
« Reply #21 on: 28 November 2002, 00:45 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman: Mac Commando:
I hate disney! No one ever suspects disney of being evil because they have cute cartoon animals as their trademark, but I'll bet mickey mouse is a pedafile or something!

I also hate disney, they banned Song of the South... what's up with that?

Annorax

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 457
Companies you hate
« Reply #22 on: 30 November 2002, 06:19 »
I worked for Walmart for three years and change... and I cant wait to see those smug elitist bastards brought down... they're #2 on my list of no respect, second only to M$....

Makes me wonder how efficient the morons they KEEP are...
Quote from: "bash.org"
<3M> ok guys i've finally got my windows me machine up and running again :D
if everything seems to be running well on windows me you've obviously overlooked something....
<3M> who is general failure and why is he reading my hard disc :(
somehow, "i told you so" doesn't quite say it ;)

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
Companies you hate
« Reply #23 on: 30 November 2002, 06:40 »
hmmm, i don't think too highly of the us government, and its practily owned by the businesses we hate, so i hope it coun'ts/*well there not techicaly a business cuase business are supposed to make money and all the government does is lose it  :D  */
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
Companies you hate
« Reply #24 on: 2 December 2002, 01:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by Linux Frank:

Erm... you hate Ford and drive Land Rover ... and you see nothing wrong in this statement?

Oh well better late than never. I really really hate to burst bubbles, but Land Rover IS Ford now - In fact it has been since it designed the Discovery all those years ago - which explains why that is such an ugly and boring piece of crap, and has the same reported stability issues as do most SUVs.

Ford Just bought Land Rover like 2 years ago, the Discovery has been out for over 10 years.  And Everything is still BMW.  I am very pissed that Ford bought Land Rover.  But saying that Land Rover is ford is like saying that Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Volvo are all Ford. We all know they share no parts in common.  It is also like saying that Chrysler is Mercedes because Mercedes owns them.  Hell no, Chrysler doesn't get that Title.

The only foreign company that Ford owns that they have taken over is Mazda.

P.S. I supremely disagree with you that the Discovery is an ugly boring piece of crap.  I love the way the Discovery looks, and I love it engine.  I've read review where they say the engine is more capable of pulling a stump out of the ground than mergin on a freeway.  I like the new Range Rovers, they are cool and the BMW engine in them is awesome.  The Land Rover I most want is a Defender, too bad they can't sell them in USA anymore.

[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: Billy Gates: Mac Commando ]

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Companies you hate
« Reply #25 on: 2 December 2002, 02:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by Billy Gates: Mac Commando:

Ford Just bought Land Rover like 2 years ago, the Discovery has been out for over 10 years.  And Everything is still BMW.  I am very pissed that Ford bought Land Rover.  But saying that Land Rover is ford is like saying that Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Volvo are all Ford. We all know they share no parts in common.  It is also like saying that Chrysler is Mercedes because Mercedes owns them.  Hell no, Chrysler doesn't get that Title.

The only foreign company that Ford owns that they have taken over is Mazda.

P.S. I supremely disagree with you that the Discovery is an ugly boring piece of crap.  I love the way the Discovery looks, and I love it engine.  I've read review where they say the engine is more capable of pulling a stump out of the ground than mergin on a freeway.  I like the new Range Rovers, they are cool and the BMW engine in them is awesome.  The Land Rover I most want is a Defender, too bad they can't sell them in USA anymore.

[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: Billy Gates: Mac Commando ]

Defenders kick ass!
Contains scenes of mild peril.