Author Topic: Experts explode 'Mac is safer' myth  (Read 1573 times)

slave

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Experts explode 'Mac is safer' myth
« on: 25 May 2002, 03:56 »
Stick this in your pipe and smoke it.

http://www.vnunet.com/News/1132092

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2002, 04:30 »
HAHAHAH!!!

Did you READ the article before you posted it?

here are some notable quotables:

"Another big problem Mac users don't think about is that they make perfect incubators for Windows viruses," said Chapman.

"A Mac user can get a virus from a Windows machine that won't affect them but, if it's attached to a document or a file, then they can pass it on to another Windows machine."

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAAH!!! Why? Because the viruses DONT AFECT THE MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Obviously there are more PC-only viruses out there, but there are still over 7,000 macro viruses which can hit either Mac or PC platforms."

Thank god many mac users don't use word!

Finaly:

"Any platform with a flaw is a target, says Symantec"

The article is pened by a fucking company making anti-virus software for both PC and MAC, and guess what, the Mac version hardly sells! Because Mac virii are no wear near as many, or as potent as PC virii.

Furthermore, NO VIRII FOR OS X!!!

Suck that down your pipe shit monkey.

Goodbye.

EDIT:

Are Mac's immune? certainly not. Is windows more vulnerable? YES!

Are virii easyer to write and spread on windows? YES!

Are there more for windows? YES!

And don't give me shit about there being more due to popularity, it's EASY to make them for windows. And for dopes using LookoutExpress it's even easier.

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

hoojchoons

• http://www.linux.gr
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2002, 05:03 »
Another Windoze "OS" loser in the forums. How far is this gonna go? Before one of the responsible moderators in this forum closes this thread, I'd like to say a few things to this asshole.

Firstly, you pathetic mongoloid excuse for computer user, try (if you have enough brains for such a higly complicated function) to learn a few more things about the Open Source community, before coming here.

Secondly, don't try to convince any of us about what a company that wipes M$'s ass claims. Who the fuck cares? A vulnerability of any kind in an Open source program, is usually fixed in a matter of days or months the most (which I higly doubt)!

Last but not least, since I've given you enough credit already, FUCK OFF  :mad:

slave

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2002, 05:04 »
You seem very excitable.  Why don't you take some caffeinated penguin pills and have a lie down?  Maybe you can't take it when someone critisizes the platform that you and so many Mac users so militantly defend.  Considering the Mac has only 5 percent of the market, it is a wonder Mac viruses get spread around at all.

PS I never get viruses on my PC; I run Windows update often and don't open strange attachments in Outlook, which I also keep updated... geeze you guys think we windows folk are stupid and never patch our computers?  Only a moron would get a virus these days.

psyjax

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2002, 05:09 »
Im leaving this thread open. Forums are slow, and flames are good for a laugh. Especially at trolls like this.

besides, maybe something good will come from it all  :D

psyjax

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2002, 05:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by Windows XP User #5225982375:
PS I never get viruses on my PC; I run Windows update often and don't open strange attachments in Outlook, which I also keep updated... geeze you guys think we windows folk are stupid and never patch our computers?  Only a moron would get a virus these days.[/QB]

All incendiary comentary aside. Have you ever used Linux or MacOS X?

I think you may be quite surprised how far beyond your perception they are.

hoojchoons

• http://www.linux.gr
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2002, 05:21 »
Well, since you seem to be a moron enough to be coming back for more, there's a question for you: Have you ever tried out MacOSX or Linux, as psyjax pointed out? I don't think you ever did, although you're propably answer that you have just to get on our nerves! Something more. I'm not in any way suggesting that Windoze users are mentally inferior than Linux users for instance! But there's always the exception to the rule! And you seem to qualify  :D

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2002, 07:19 »
quote:
It is a misconception commonly shared by users of the Linux operating system.  

find me someone who has had a (succesful) virus on their linux machine.... In fact there is someone that is offering $2000 if you can succesfully onfect their linux machine. (i will try to find the link).

quote:
In the past even the US Army has moved its web servers over to MacOS in the mistaken belief that they will be more secure.

Microsoft was pressuring the DOD to use Windows, so the department of Defense did a lot of research on open-source *nix compared to closed source Windows... and well long story short, they are now using *nix (which is exactly what MacOSX is)

oh, yeah... i love using my linux computer as a windows viru incubator  

hey XP user go here
(no one else click that link!!!!!well... maybe goosenbury)

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: Master of Reality ]

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2002, 07:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by Master of Reality:
go here

That only works with Win9x d00d. Obviously the other guy is using Windows XP(which is a variant of NT) so that will not cause his system to crash. ;P

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2002, 07:55 »
I don
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Heru

« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2002, 13:12 »
There have been 3 known Linux virii.  2 are absolutely harmless, while the other can cause serious damge only if it's run as root.

Oh and please check Windows XP User #5225982375's profile.  He is 11.  I have nothing against 11 year olds.  Just aren't they too young to make these kinda of decsions, and to try to prove people wrong like this?

Macs can not be affected by Windows virii, and only MS Office macro viruses will affect them.  Hmm...  Perhaps they shouldn't use Office.  And I think OSX can be infected by those 3 Linux viruses, but again the serious one needs to be run as root to do damage.

EDIT: i have a small collection of I think 5 windows virii in my Home directory in Linux, just waiting for the right moment to use them.  Perhaps I should get more.

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Heru ]

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2002, 14:31 »
Hey Windows XP Luser #whateverthefuck, Mac users don't have to run all their weird-ass virus programs all the time! If anything, you've helped our argument that Windows sucks and Windoids are as dumb as hell.

fingerer

« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2002, 21:33 »
[stupid drivel again, dipshit, these forums are moderated, say something sensible or we ban you. have a nice day]

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

xploser

• http://buttfucker.com/
« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2002, 02:38 »
You seem very excitable.  Why don't you take some caffeinated penguin pills and have a lie down?  Maybe you can't take it when someone critisizes the platform that you and so many Mac users so militantly defend, or maybe you actually have a point. I have several points, all over my head (see my profile picture).  Considering the Mac has only not much of the market, it is a wonder Mac viruses get spread around at all. I mean, none of the Mac users I know have internet, and they all live on little islands out in the middle of the ocean, so how could they get a virus? Also I bet Mac users are all too dumb to write a virus! Hur hur hur! Anyway you need VisualC++ or VisualBasic6 to write a good virus and Macs have none of those!

PS I never get viruses on my PC; Actually I might have, but I am clever so I don't have any antivirus software. I heard none of you Linux g33ks have antivirus software so I uninstalled mine and I have never had a virus warning since! Oh yes, and it only took me three hours, six restarts and two reinstalls of Windows to uninstall my antivisur program, I'd like to see Macs have that sort of interactivity!
I run Windows update often and don't pay attention to all the personal information that Microsoft collects about me to sell on to third party advertisers. And I like to open strange attachments in Outlook, which I also keep running all the time... geeze you guys think we windows folk are stupid and never patch our computers? I patch mine all the time, this newest one I got increases the number of crashes I get by almost twice as much! Only a moron would use Windows a virus these days.
open source is even more dumb that me!
go away!

ravuya

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2002, 08:10 »
I leave for a weekend and this place goes to shit.. I'll clean up the blatant trolls tomorrow before this thing starts looking like comp.sys.mac.advocacy