Author Topic: ihateapple.com still dead  (Read 1560 times)

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
ihateapple.com still dead
« Reply #15 on: 29 June 2002, 12:09 »
Don't ever post anything there. You will be mercilessly spammed for all eternity. Thats why I posted there using my evil band teacher's email.  

Zimphire

« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2002, 16:23 »
I've been banned from IHA twice in the past 3 years.  

The only rule for IHA is,

No trolling. Unless your trolling about Apple.

Seriously like with most of these HATE sites, they are run by zealots.

tratan

• http://home.nc.rr.com/jordanweb
« Reply #17 on: 30 July 2002, 01:07 »
I don't practically any experience with Macs because I grew up with a PC, so I got used to a PC.  Naturally I grew up with DOS, Windows, and QBASIC.  I switched to Linux because I had heard vague and wonderful things about it, and I have since found countless reasons to stay with it.  So practically all my computer experience has been with PCs, with an interesting result: I feel nauseous (sp?) whenever I see a Macintosh desktop!  In theory I know that Macintosh's are probably as good or better than PCs for many things, but I hate to use them.  No, I don't think Mac users are idiots   .

My point is, some people will never like Macs.  The problem seems to be mainly in the "look and feel" (I know Microsoft stole it, but some people like how they changed it).  Another big thing was the lack of a native command line.  I use the command line even when I don't have to, because I don't like mice (too inaccurate).  I even navigate Windows (when I have to use Windows) with the keyboard, because that's the way I was trained.

MacOSX, however, is just plain wonderful.  "Look and feel" isn't an issue anymore since window managers can be changed, and those who want a command line can still use Macs.  Linux users can migrate to Macintosh and get all the benefits of the hardware, and the support of a major corporation (Apple), without having to truly leave Linux.

I'm still using Redhat for now, but at least it's easier to communicate with Macintoshes.  

Down with the evil empire!
Anything I state, unless I say otherwise, is my opinion.  If I say I observed something then I observed it, if I say something is true than that's an opinion.

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
« Reply #18 on: 1 August 2002, 15:12 »
macosx makes me happy, its like a vender unix. i wonder when the yellowdog guys are going to get osx emulation working, that would kick total ass, not like a virtual machine, but more like FreeBSD's ability to run linux progs. but i think that apple was correct in choosing Darwin as the core of there os. it is based on mach, the only reason to use mach from what i have seen is for MASSIVE SCALIBLITY. i mean maybe xserve is the begening, maybe apple is going for the big iron market, but i wouldn't know why. sun, sgi, even compaq/hp have that market.
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!